Saturday, September 3, 2011

I have been waiting all my life...

The other day I had someone say to me, "you are too attached to Edy".  This was after me telling them that I had gone home early from work crying.  It started with me calling home to see how she was doing.  I could hear the frustration in Rock's voice and Edy fussing in the background.  Rock told me she was having a rough day.  I called later and could hear her again crying and fussing.  That was it...the tears started rolling and I couldn't get them to stop.  I know that hormones probably have a lot to do with this, but I just couldn't wait to get home to Edy to help her feel better.  So I asked my boss, and being understanding as she is she said for me to get home as quickly as I could. 

As I was telling this story to someone, they said, "grow up...your too attached".  At the moment I was too shocked to say anything.  I have never been good with instant come backs.  But as I mulled over it that night and all the next day.  As I do when things bother me I thought,  wait a minute,  I am NOT too attached.  I have Waited all my life to meet this little person and I have only had her here for 4 months.  I don't want to leave her and being that attached to someone I have waited my whole life for is not too attached. 

I feel the same way about leaving her with other people.  Leaving her my first week back to school was like torture.  I cried every morning on my way to work.  Knowing she is with her dad helps, but still is painful.  As I said in a previous post.  Being without her is like missing a body part.  All day I think about her what she may be doing at that moment. What I am missing her do. 

On the weekends and at night I just want to be with her.  I am not sure I will be comfortable leaving her with a babysitter any time in the near future.  It isn't that I don't trust others, I do. It is that I want to be with her, hold her, watch her grow.  Like I said, I have been waiting my whole life for this little person, I am going to spend every second I can with her!

So to those who think I am too attached...Get over it!  I could only hope that all moms were as attached as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment