Friday, October 21, 2011

Well...it has been 5.5 months since our sweet Edy entered this world.  An adventure for sure.  She has changed so much since we brought that home tiny 5.5LB infant to the 15 LB baby she is now.
1 month
5 months
She doesn't even look like the same kid!  She has now rounded out quite well! Her head is the nice round shape you see on commercials, no longer skeletal looking.  She has some meat on her bones and her eyes have grown into her body.  
She has now tripled her birth weight.   Carrying her in the car seat a huge load since the car seat weights about 20 lbs itself add her and you have 35 lb weight to carry up the stairs.  She moving up diaper sizes like crazy, can fit in a 3 even though there a bit big.  
She has even started eating some solid food. I bought the baby food maker!  Going to make my own.  With all the new contraptions out on the market these days it is a wonder why everybody doesn't make their babies food, it is so easy!  I have made carrots, green beans and acorn squash.  Chop it up and throw it in the steamer/blender, set the timer and 25 minutes later there is baby food, perfectly cooked and blended to the correct consistency, throw it some tupperware and freeze and you're all set!  It is amazing!I wish I had a bigger freezer!!

Clothes that were given to us when she was born that were size 3-6 months and we thought would be forever till they fit her...are now fitting her.  It is all going so quickly I just want to make the time stop!

Working full time has it's benefits and challenges.  the money is a benefit as is the insurance (although not the best), the adult interaction with coworkers and joy that I get from it.  But leaving the house every morning, is heart breaking, I have to literally hold back tears when I kiss my little Edy-pie good by.  I  want to crawl back in bed and snuggle all day.  Watch Edy play and learn, dry her tears and enjoy her smiles and laughter, but alas, work is waiting and I head out the door and am on my way.  I dream of the days that I take off to be with her and Rock and the doggies.  I am so lucky to have collected personal/sick days over the past 7 years, having only used 1 or 2 each year meaning that when Edy was born I had 50 some days to use.  I used some at the end of last school year rather than maternity leave which is unpaid and left the rest for this year, knowing that I would need days for when she was sick, or I was, or for days like today that I just needed a day to spend with my precious one.  Some may say I should feel guilty for this and in all actuality I do to some degree.  Work has always been the priority in my life it has been what defined me, it still does and it still is a major priority.  But...as I was warned by many friends, once I had this beautiful baby, my priorities changed.  Family is first!  
So I take a day off here and there, wake up late, eat breakfast with Edy watch the morning news and just enjoy being a mom hanging out with her daughter!  I need to take advantage of this time as I know before I can blink she won't want to hang out with her old mom any more!
So today, I am taking the time to love her and snuggle her and watch her grow...it's going to be a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment