Sunday, June 19, 2011

Responsibility

I have always thought of myself as a responsible person, maybe not in all areas of my life but in general, I pay my bills, take care of my things, have a good job, keep a car, can keep animals and plants alive. When Edy entered the world my ability to be responsible is being tested.

This isn't a dog or a plant...it is a person, a very small person who is completely dependent on me and Rock. She needs food which I have to provide when ever she needs. WE have to be sure she is clean and dry, change her seemingly unending amount of poopy diapers (72 diapers in 5 days...) and be sure she is healthy and happy and has a good head on her shoulders when she is an adult. That is a lot of pressure! Now we are also finically responsible for her too...My least favorite area to be responsible in.

Money...the bain of my exsistence. I am terrible with money, I mean, I pay my bills, and stuff, but once bills are paid with the real money I just start spending. I have always been of the philosophy that life is short have fun. Money is material and you won't need it when your dead. Hence the reason why I am in debt, student loans, credit cards (which are finally getting paid off, very slowly) car loan, mortgage, and a monthly scare of...OH god is that check going to bounce, or will today be the day that my debit or CC will be denied. I dread the end of each month.

Now Edy is here and I have yet to change my spending habits. The hospital bills are starting to roll in and my insurance must be the worst insurance on the planet. When all said and done we will owe the hospital about $5500, that is after insurance, and doesn't include all the Dr. Visits for me or the ones that are just starting for baby Edy. We better start saving.

So we go through this amazing birthing process with amazing hospital employees and never think that in less than a month you will be getting a bill a huge bill from these great people expecting you pay up for bringing a little miracle into the world...Bastards! They should be paying us to have brought a little more beauty into the world!

Now I have to call the hospital and set up the dreaded "payment plan". I hate that phrase it just is another word for "too poor to pay your bills Plan". but I have to do it! Now I can add to our monthly amount being drained out of the checking account. You never really think about this extra cost before you get pregnant or even while your pregnant. Sure people say, oh just wait till you see how expensive kids are. You think yeah, but it can't be that bad, they're just kids.

Now though, I am thinking guess I should have planned better for this...
We'll be fine though! All you need is love...RIGHT?

1 comment:

  1. Love it Jen, I know it will be hard but you do have a lot of love and support from family near by so everything will come along--it's definitley time to start cutting out certain extra spending treats though! Keep writing, i'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete